Thursday, January 28, 2010

Meg's Baby Shower


Last weekend I hosted my first ever baby shower! My girlfriend Meg was the guest of honor, as she will be debuting baby Whitney any day now. We had about a dozen girls over the house, while the boys played golf in Oceanside.

I used my new Cricut machine for the first time to create the personalized banner. I've wanted one for the last several years, and I finally broke down and made the investment. It works wonderfully, and I'm sure you'll be seeing many Cricut creations from me in the future!

Meg requested my chocolate butterfly cupcakes for dessert. They are actually quite simple to make. The wings are hand-piped on to wax paper, then propped up on M&M's.

Here is my twist on onesie decorating (I wanted to improve on the traditional puff-paint and glitter combo). Everyone chose their favorite template to trace and cut out. We then adhered the shapes with iron-on fusing. They looked so beautiful displayed around the dining room!

It was a pleasure to host Meg's shower. I can't wait to meet baby Whitney!

No comments:

Post a Comment